Saturday, July 12, 2008

Horrible Day at the Dentist.

Well, it would have been alright if the dentist had said there was nothing wrong with me. This is a new dentist that I am seeing. He's actually my boyfriend's dentist. Dr. Slobodski. Or is that Slobodsky? He's got great digital technology.

So I told him about this blister on a part of a my gums. The first time I appeared I went to a dentist -- Dr. Gerald Lenkowitz. Who took an x-ray and said there was nothing wrong. Well Dr. Slobodski thinks of him as an "idiot" because before he took the x-ray he felt the blister and automatically diagnosed it as a fistula. He said that there's something wrong with this tooth. Turned out the tooth had died. Yep. Died. Ceased to live - to exist. No wonder I was feeling this much pain when the swelling happened ON MY FUCKING CHEEK LAST YEAR! Suffice it to say -- this doctor is great so far. He has a great sense of humour and he prescribed me some Valium along with the antibiotics. I'm going to get gas on top of that Valium when I go in to get my root canal done on Tuesday, June 24th. Wish me loads of luck.

This is going to put me in the poor house. I hate the medical system in this country. I told my mother about it and she doesn't understand why there are specific doctors for extracting teeth other than your dentist. I told her blame the private practice that exists in this country. I'm about ready to migrate to England at this point. I'm really tired. I have soo much anxiety going to the dentist it's not even funny. I almost broke my mother's hand once. This probably wouldn't be such an issue if I had a dentist when I was a child that would administer some Numb medicine. But the Chinatown dentist I had a child didn't believe in painkillers. At this point I'm screaming to my parents "HOW COULD YOU!!!" Dentists have always been a problem for me and I guess it would just continue to be a problem. I'm sad...I'm only 25!!!.

No comments: